Now that you've learned about QuickBooks and PayPal, it's time to put it all together. You'll learn how to set up Quickbooks PayPal Integration in this section. An app called "PayTraQer – Amazon|WooCommerce|PayPal|Stripe|Square sync" will be used to link Quickbooks PayPal. The following are the steps to set up QuickBooks PayPal Integration:
- Step 1: Installing the App in QuickBooks
- Step 2: Integrating the App with PayPal
- Step 3: Syncing Transactions with QuickBooks
Step 1 Installing the App in QuickBooks
- Here you can access your QuickBooks account.
- As illustrated in the figure below, go to the "Apps" option from the side navigation bar.
- In the search box, type "Connect to PayPal."
- Now, as indicated in the image below, look for the app "PayTraQer – Amazon|WooCommerce|PayPal|Stripe|Square sync" and choose it.
- A dialogue box will appear, containing all of the app's information for Quickbooks PayPal Integration.
- Install the Quickbooks PayPal app by clicking the "Get app now" button, as shown in the image below.
- It will request for permission to link your QuickBooks account with the app. As indicated in the image below, click the "Connect" button.
- The app will be launched in a new tab.
Step 2: Integrating the App with PayPal
- Click the "+Add Payment Accounts" button in the app window, as shown in the figure below.
- It will prompt you to connect to one of the services offered. As indicated in the figure below, select the "PayPal" option.
- It will redirect you to the PayPal website after you pick it, where you must enter your valid credentials to log in to your PayPal account.
- It will prompt you to authorise permission for the QuickBooks PayPal app to access your PayPal account data after successful authorization.
- As indicated in the image below, click the "Grant Access" button.
- With a successful PayPal connection, it will redirect you to the app once more.
Step 3: Syncing Transactions with QuickBooks
- Navigate to the app's home page. To download your PayPal history transactions, click "Download Historical Transactions" and pick your PayPal account, as shown in the figure below.
- You can connect QuickBooks PayPal transactions once your transactions have been synchronised with your app.
- On the top left of the transactions table, click the "Sync to QuickBooks" button.
- Select all or a subset of the PayPal transactions you want to sync with QuickBooks.
- It will sync your PayPal transactions with QuickBooks, and your PayPal transactions will appear in the appropriate sections of your QuickBooks account.
That concludes our discussion. The
Quickbooks PayPal Integration
is now complete. QuickBooks PayPal can also be used for automatic payments and as a bank in your QuickBooks account.